Attorney Byron R. Lau is an associate of Allred, Maroko & Goldberg. His practice focuses on employment discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, and sexual harassment.
Mr. Lau joined the firm after three years of practice in the Employment Litigation Department at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP. There, he represented employers in wage and hour class actions as well as discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination cases. Mr. Lau's experience representing management side clients affords him valuable insights into seeking justice for aggrieved employees.
Mr. Lau graduated near the top of his class from UCLA School of Law. Mr. Lau also served as a comments editor of the UCLA Asian Pacific American Law Journal. While in college at the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, he majored in History and Economics, graduating with high distinction and earning membership in the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa honor fraternity. Mr. Lau enjoys hiking on the numerous trails throughout the Los Angeles area.
Mr. Lau was named a Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2020. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Areas Of Practice
- Employment Law
- Sexual Harassment
- Sex, Age and Race Discrimination
- Wage and Hour
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctor
- Law Journal: The Asian Pacific American Law Journal, Comments Editor
- University of Michigan
With High Distinction
Phi Beta Kappa
History and Economics
Honors and Awards
- Southern California Rising Stars, 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Thai American Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- California Attorney General's Office – Antitrust Section, Intern
- Phi Beta Kappa