Partner Marcus Spiegel joined the firm after six years of practice in the Litigation Department at Munger, Tolles & Olson, LLP. There, he argued numerous civil cases in federal and state court, and conducted eight jury trials as a Fellow with the City Attorney's Office. Prior to that, Mr. Spiegel served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Christina A. Snyder of the United States District Court for Central District of California, and externed for the Honorable Stephen Reinhardt of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, working on employment and discrimination cases in both judicial chambers.
Since joining Allred, Maroko and Goldberg, Mr. Spiegel has recovered millions on behalf of wronged employees and victims of sexual assault, representing clients in numerous states. Mr. Spiegel has been selected as a Super Lawyer, as one of Lawdragon's 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment Lawyers, as a Top Lawyer in Southern California by Los Angeles Magazine, and won Lawyer Monthly’s “Lawyer of the Year – USA” in the Whistleblower Law category.
Mr. Spiegel attended the University of Southern California Law School, where he graduated near the top of his class and served as Senior Articles Editor on the Southern California Law Review.
He also serves on the Board of The Barnsdall Art Foundation and is a Fellow at the Huntington Library.
Areas Of Practice
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Sexual Harassment
- Sex, Age and Race Discrimination
- California, 2006
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2006
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2014
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- Law Review: Southern California Law Review, Senior Articles Editor
- Haverford College
- B.A. with High Honors
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Employment Lawyers Association, 2012 to Present
Honors and Awards
- Selected to Super Lawyers, 2022
Past Employment Positions
- Munger, Tolles & Olson, LLP, 2006 to 2012
- Judge Christina Snyder, United States District Court, Central District of California, Clerk, 2005 to 2006